“Implications of Brexit on Intellectual Property Law"

Jane Lambert










I have been invited by the Centre for Commercial Law Studies of Queen Mary University of London to speak at its “Implications of Brexit on Intellectual Property Law” seminar at 67-69 Lincoln's Inn  Fields between 18:00 and 20:00 on 12 Feb 2018.

The email containing my invitation states:

"The event provides a unique opportunity to address the important issues and implications in the area of Intellectual property in a post-Brexit era; and to provide a platform of controversy and conversation amongst top practitioners, academics and researchers. The speakers can choose a topic of their interest to be presented for approximately 15 minutes at the event."

My topic will be the Unitary Patent and the Unified Patent Court and the fading prospects of our participating in the project.  Although many German lawyers tell me that there is nothing in the constitutional challenge to German ratification of the Unified Patent Court Agreement, the dispute continues.   I see no sign of its being resolved any time soon.   

Because so much depends on the agreement that we reach with the remaining member states I have been following the art 50 negotiations in a special Brexit blog.

Anyone wishing to discuss this article or Brexit in general should call me on 020 7404 5252 during office hours or send me a message through my contact form.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UPC Court Dress

Latest Developments in Intellectual Property Law

Patent Law Update